David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 30 November 2020

2nd Continental Dragoons

 The second group of those Eureka Miniatures ragged AWI Continental Dragoons, bought in conjunction with chum Colin Ashton, two or three years ago via Salute has arrived in GHQ. Phil painted them for me and I did the basing. The six figures give me two bases of three to conform with my existing representation of the other regular Dragoon elements in my AWI collection, the others being by Front Rank and Wargames Foundry.

They are all depicted in floppy hats of various sorts and will represent the 2nd Regiment of Continental Dragoons, with their appearance reflecting many months of active service. With these my AWI collection can be signed off! Of course, being a wargamer you should never say 'finished', but I think it unlikely I'll add anymore to the collection in the near future at least. Meanwhile, it's back to the Punic Wars project and more bronze! Oh joy! Oh rapture!

12 comments:

  1. The bases set them off splendidly, nice figures to paint though the detail can be slight I nearly missed the patches and tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A splendid paint job Phil, so thank you. Wish I could afford more!

      Delete
  2. Top notch cavalry David, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil did a grand paint job on them, I agree.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, I do have a unit to paint but keep getting sidetracked.😢 and now by Saxons !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice David...
    Yes... no such thing as finished 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! Once nice thing about the AWI is you don't need much cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the fewer horses to paint the better!

      Delete
  6. Very nice David. I like the comment above about cavalry, in all my years of playing ACW I have used cavalry hardly at all, yet have eight brigades of the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't enjoy painting horses, so their relative paucity in the AWI was very welcome, even more so when Phil has painted many of the newer additions for me!

      Delete