David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 6 November 2020

Baltimore Light Horse

 It seems that two, or possibly even three, years ago I bought several sets of figures from Eureka Miniatures, via a pre-order with Colin, when they were at Salute. Amongst these were the 'Ragged Continentals' cavalry figures. I'd seen them on Giles' Tarleton's Quarter blog and admired them so thought I'd add them to my AWI mix. Then I forgot about them, as you do. 

With the ending of Lockdown Mk1 in the summer and the resumption of face-to-face games in GHQ Phil was able to remind me I'd passed the figures to him for painting (I'd forgotten that too!) and they had reached the head of his commission queue, so how did I want them? There are ten figures in a mix of coats and hunting shirts, but all with a campaign worn look, including floppy hats! I'd no ideas for them, so cue much research in books and on the net! Here's the first result, a four figure base representing the Baltimore Light Horse ~

Phil has the remaining six figures well underway too, but with this dreary Lockdown Mk2 thrust upon us I don't anticipate seeing them much before Christmas! And on that note...

14 comments:

  1. They look great, with lovely painting and dynamic poses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The base sets them off a treat Mr. B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done. There wasn't a lot of "Rebel" cavalry to worry about in the Revolutionary War!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but you know what we wargamers are like...

      Delete
  4. Very nice - Eureka do some really figures in a variety of periods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you rross! You are right about Eureka Miniatures, though they are at the expensive end of the figure spectrum.

      Delete
  5. These are terrific. You have to love these Eureka figures and the interchangeable hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giles, Phil made a great job of them.

      Delete