Away from the hobby scene this last week has seen domestic upheaval as the family bathroom was ripped out and the refurbishment begun. At the end of week one everything seems to be on course as expected 🤞although it doesn't look much like a bathroom quite yet and one major item is still outstanding. Enough of that, this is my hobby blog after all.
I've been painting as and when I could fit it in and have completed the first of my planned Brunswick infantry regiments, von Behr, using Crusader Miniatures' SYW Prussian figures ~
I've left the Grenadier company aside for now as I plan a converged regiment when the second regiment is completed and I need to buy two extra packs of figures for that.
The flags I made using the SYW site's suggested design which I copied and pasted on Word and printed out on my laser printer. I like my flags oversized so I just go for it! The finials are from Front Rank via Gripping Beast and the bases from Warbases as ever.
The basing texture is a mix of Woodlands Scenics buff railway ballast in three grades washed with Country Maple from Crafters' Acrylics and the static grass and tufts are from various sources including Jarvis and Gamer's Grass!
Returning to the idea of a converged Grenadier regiment I had intended to use Eagle Miniatures for these but as I have 8 Crusader Miniatures Grenadiers already I shall order up a second pack to give me the four company bases that would have been present. I like command figures in my units and so I'll stand the extra four figures and hope folk will cut me some slack! (As if I care!) I've started on the second Brunswick infantry regiment, 4 figures for the von Zastrow regiment so I'll see how far I get amidst the disruption! Wish me luck!