Sue and I were away in Shropshire for a couple of days last week. One stop we made was in Church Stretton, for tea and cake in Berry's and a mooch in the Antique Centre. In one cabinet were some painted 28mm Napoleonic figures, mostly Generals and such, but including these shown below. Only a couple of pounds, probably reflecting the unusual paint job. The pictures are in monochrome so the colours don't distract the eye ~
This chap has "Fed up" engraved on the underside of his base.These bandsmen carrying a wounded comrade are a two piece set. Nothing on their bases to reveal their origins.
Any ideas of their origins gentle reader would be of interest. Once they are stripped I expect to repaint them for my FRW project.
Then on Sunday I made the very short trip to WV Active, at Aldersley Leisure Village, Wolverhampton, the site of the late lamented WMMS these past few years, to cast my eye over the tabletop sale! Arriving 45 minutes after the doors opened the queue was still Partizanesque! Once inside there were acres of trader tables, buying and selling, mostly for the gnome botherer fraternity I must say. There were however a pleasing number of historical wargames focused sellers, including job lots of boxed Hincliffe figures sold by the crate! I spent £27.50 on these items ~Two painted Hovels resin ACW buildings @ £5.00 each; three handmade corn fields @ £5.00 each for the smaller ones and £7.50 for the larger one; and 50p on a resin print minefield for William, which I didn't photograph. The admission was £4.00 before 12.00, but free thereafter. Folk were still going in when I left about 12.15pm.
One feature worthy of comment I thought on reflection was the number of 3D printed terrain and building items being sold on 3 or 4 tables. Again mostly Fantasy oriented but enough to interest the Historical gamer too. I discussed explosion markers with one such trader, Gatehouse Gaming UK from Yorkshire, and was informed they'd be on his site on Tuesday ~
www.gatehousegamingukshop.co.uk
Besides scatter terrain of all shapes and sizes they offered pots of myriad basing materials, paints, Gamers' Grass products and more. Their flyer gives a run down if you are interested. Afterwards I regretted not buying the pack of scruffy dogs that had taken my eye!
If there is another such tabletop sale held there in future I shall make sure it is on my calendar and that I attend if possible..jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment