David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 23 April 2023

Disruption Expected

As I think I mentioned earlier we are expecting some disruption to domestic tranquility these coming two weeks while our family bathroom is gutted and the new one installed. This disruption will sadly overspill into hobby areas too. Games will be over at Phil's for two weeks at least while GHQ doubles as a storage area for bathroom bits. Painting is bound to be curtailed too as we plan to get out and about to avoid the noise, mess and general disruption. Mind, judging by the sad lack of interest in the blog of late I doubt many will notice...

In the meantime, here are some further Normans which I've rebased. Firstly there are three units/bases: Foot Knights; Medium Archers; and Light Infantry with Crossbows ~

Secondly there are four bases/units of Skirmishers, two bases with bows and two bases with crossbows ~

As an extra I discovered I'd missed out on two Saxon Archers, so I made a further skirmish base for Harald's force ~

While I'm on the subject of Saxon skirmishers I've ordered some Footsore Miniatures  Saxon Slingers from Arcane to make up two further Skirmisher bases. I tried to place an order with Foundry too but the Checkout kept freezing, so no go. Perhaps I'll pop over in person during the next couple of weeks as part of the general escape plan!


Finally, just a gentle nudge by way of a reminder to those folk who visit the blog and can’t spare a few moments even to leave a comment. Everyone likes a bit of encouragement from time to time, even those as long in the tooth as I am.









18 comments:

  1. Good luck with the bathroom reno. When we had our master bathroom redone, a two-week estimated duration turned into four!

    As for commentary, some adhere to an unwritten contract of reciprocity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by with such encouraging news Jonathan 😉

      Delete
  2. Yep, good luck with tbe bathroom, I feel your pain, it brings back memories of strip washes in the kitchen sink!
    Great figures too David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ray. We have an ensuite off the master bedroom so should be fine. Glad you liked the new units.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some mighty fine rebasing underway there, it has rejuvenated the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right there Phil. Maybe I should buy more Normans...

      Delete
  5. Some fine looking rebasing David…
    The thing about having the builders in is the dust…
    It lasts for weeks… there is absolutely no point in vacuuming… it will all come back after fifteen minutes 😳

    I am about half way through my rebasing and I am rather strangely enjoying it… the world is indeed topsy turvy.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging news on dust! Happy rebasing too! Are they Romans?

      Delete
    2. I look forward to seeing their new look then.

      Delete
  6. I did some soul searching last week on the state of my blog, I will elaborate in the next post probably. You are way in front of me on comments, double and at times treble, I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is one of my favourites George, no need to have anxieties. I like to nudge folk about commenting from time to time as I enjoy folks' varied perspectives on our hobby.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Willz, all the Normans painted by my chum Phil.

      Delete
  8. As always David I take great pleasure in seeing what you've painted, your games etc, which are very inspirational:). Sadly too many people pop by and fail to leave a comment on my own Blog too, but those that are kind enough to do so are greatly appreciated. I tend to see my own efforts as a few friends getting together and having a bit of a show and tell, which helps me to keep on posting, albeit rather spasmodically at present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kind words and support are always appreciated SteveJ.

      Delete
  9. Very nice work there Dave as always... a fair number of shooters building up, all hoping to have a pop at Harald Bikersson no doubt! Looking forward to seeing the full collection in action!👍

    ReplyDelete