David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 3 April 2023

Coming Over All Arty-Farty?

Last month you may recall we went mob handed to WMMS, the Alumwell Wargames Society's annual show. I went without a list of potential purchases of any description. I didn't buy all that much either, apart from three bags of Greek's from Colonel Bill's for my three grandsons. While furtling through the various bags of SYW types I came upon this artist figure from Wargames Foundry. I think it was a limited edition figure back in the day, celebrating Kevin Dalimore perhaps ~

I made the artist's easel from a couple of Warbases window frame and a punched out window blank. The dog passing comment on the artist's work is from Body's Bits at Redoubt Enterprises. The portrait of August Friedrich von Spörcken I downloaded from the internet and scaled down to fit the easel. You may recall his 28mm version earlier in the year ~

I hope that my little whimsical diversion from hordes of Hanoverians has at least interested, and perhaps amused, the occasional visitor even if nothing else has...



22 comments:

  1. A good find, well executed. I like the purple coat and the portrait works better than the dog thinks!
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colour combo on the artist and who won't like Sewell the dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an artist I felt he should look 'pretty' in the C18th.

      Delete
  3. Excellent. Nicely done. I've been tempted to find that artist myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely David ………do they make him in 10mm I wonder ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10mm? Wash out your mouth! Naughty step for you.

      Delete
  5. Another couple of little treasures, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely little vignetter there and the dog is a nice touch. IIRC I saw a similar renaissance style figure at The Other Partizan a couple of years ago, painting from the battlements as the action unfolded below.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done David…
    A lovely little vignette indeed.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very pleased it meets with your approval.

      Delete
  8. An inspired canvas and a worthy correspondent to report from the front!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very nice piece of constructive work there sir....very imaginative! Great job.

    ReplyDelete