David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 26 December 2021

Christmas Goodies

 On the whole I don't expect much in the way of hobby related gifts at Christmas, I think family and friends know I like to choose my own stuff on the whole. This Christmas I did receive a few things though which I thought worthy of mention `

Given my occasionally uncooperative right eye this may prove a useful acquisition. Thank you Sue! We shall see!
Again from Sue, after all it wouldn't be Christmas without an annual and I do have the full set.
From Phil and Di, one I've neither read nor own in my Gettysburg collection. 

A bit of nostalgia never hurt anyone! From long time chum and long range GHQ Irregular John and his wife Sharon. 
All welcome additions to the GHQ painting desk and my wargames library - OK then, bookcase! Now, off to block in the flesh on my Dixon Miniatures ACW Sussex Light Dragoons.


8 comments:

  1. Some nice books there David and hope the optivisor works for you. I could never get on with them, much preferring magnifying lamps, which had their own issues too, but easier when wearing glass IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A decent drop there Mr. B.
    Santa got me some beehives🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone we know must have given him a buzz?

      Delete
  3. Altmark, a great series of books and a nice haul there David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owned and sold them at least twice in my time.

      Delete
  4. A find selection of reading material David…
    You are not alone in reacquiring Almark books… they are very nice …if a bit weak in construction.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete