David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 4 March 2020

Spain in Miniature

I took a few pictures of Phil's SCW table layout during a break in our most recent Monday game in OHQ. I really do rate Phil as an exponent of the art of visually pleasing while game friendly terrain. The pictures anyway, before I waffle on too much ~


Phil has combined terrain features from several manufacturers and different mediums to produce a uniform yet varied look to the table top battlefield. I think it's a standard we all could aspire too, even if not emulate to such an end product. See if you can work out all the different sources of terrain Phil has utilized in creating Spain in Miniature...

24 comments:

  1. Thank you Senor Capa, a most pleasant surprise there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look great with smooth combination of looks and playability.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perfect combination if you don't enjoy a permanent room and table I think.

      Delete
  3. Those buildings look superb - well done Mr Robinson !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful table indeed...
    And the good guys won...;-)

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you mentioned the result!😉

      Delete
  5. A most beautiful and atmospheric table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youre right David its a lovely set up.I tried to work out the sources but instead was drawn to the lovely buildings and how well they would look on my table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil is The Master when it comes to buildings!

      Delete
  7. It must be a joy to play on a table like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's even better when you win too!

      Delete
  8. That table looks amazing - where is the graveyard in the back from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that Phil made it using a commercial wall set, possibly from Empress, and grave stones from Warbases. But, I may be wrong...

      Delete
    2. The walls are from Coriatani and the grave stones are Ainsty, Warbases and some Dave gave me, don't know the maker.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Phil. Mine were two spares I think from a set of resin stone markers but who by I've no idea now.

      Delete
  9. A lovely looking table that works on all levels:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously I have to agree there Steve J.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. As I've said above, I have to agree Jonathan.

      Delete