David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 23 March 2020

VBCW ~ Vickers 6 ton tank

A while back now, when the world was normal, I posted a picture of a kind gift from Phil. It was an FAA Vickers 6 ton tank, complete with tank commander sporting a leather cycling helmet! I'm not a natural modern vehicle painter, I found 20mm hard enough let alone 28mm, and I'm certainly not in Phil's class when it comes to the finished product. Nevertheless I give it a go and the results are usually ok from tabletop viewing distance at least. Here it is anyway ~



The Vickers 6 ton tank was one of those interwar designs which failed to be adopted by the British army, although it was sold or licensed abroad to several governments, notably the Soviet Union. As such it's a natural for the VBCW genre and joins my three Vickers Light tanks MkVI and my lone Matilda MK1. I've given the commander a bright red scarf/cravat, so you can easily see his political affiliation! Our VBCW games set in Wolverhampton and South Staffordshire are not tank heavy, but every little adds to the variety to choose from in designing scenarios and forces, so it's a very welcome addition to my collection.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely model of a most interesting tank.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job as the painting is distinctly average!

      Delete
  2. Top job Mr. B, I shall look forward to destroying it when things get back on track (see what I did there)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shall do it's best not to oblige I'm sure.

      Delete
  3. Im no tankie David but its a very nice piece you have completed, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work David and a good tank which the British really should have adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I refer you to my first reply😉

      Delete
  6. Very nice David...
    The red scarf adds a nice touch of colour as well...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid looking inter war tank,nothing wrong with that finish !
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, back in Dixie now though.

      Delete