David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Thursday 29 August 2024

Scots Awa'!

The 42nd Highlanders, the Black Watch, are finally completed and mustered into GHQ to join their fellows in the Highland Division! Nay more bonnet dicing, kilts, sporrans and hose for me!! Ever!!!!! The last four took me an age as the muse was largely AWOL! But they are done and deserve their moment in the sun ~

The figures are from Great War Miniatures and the colours from North Star's excellent range for the period. The bases are from my go to supplier, Warbases of course ~

Enthused by completing 'The Watch' I have embarked on the first of my French figures for the period, a regiment of Line Infantry in shako. Hopefully 🀞🏻 they will be somewhat quicker across my painting desk than their predecessors! But, you never know... So far I've finished four and have the next four ready for highlighting. I'd hope to manage that tomorrow, so long as the City Fibre folk don't mess up our free upgrade! 

18 comments:

  1. Splendid Scots the Russkis better Watch out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the Roosians I can only agree with your first sentiment.

      Delete
  2. They have turned out great, they should look great on the table and hopefully will give the Russkies a battering!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As above in my response!

      Delete
    2. Just a quick note to say your blog is bad for my health and bank balance as I have just sent of for a couple of regiment packs from North Star, I wasn't going to do another project but your Crimean posts have wore me down!!

      Delete
    3. I hope you will enjoy the new project!

      Delete
  3. They look brilliant David and well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will do SteveJ, I'll leave it at that!

      Delete
  4. Congrats. A moment to savour. Sometimes you just have to bat straight through and then you can enjoy another unit completed. Yo'll be pleased to have them. Bon chance, mon ami with the French contingent.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen! The first base of the 19th de Ligne are almost finished.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I appreciate that endorsement George, thank you.

      Delete
  6. Super looking Highlanders David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely looking unit David…
    We’ll worth all the effort…
    I take it you hoping they don’t fight as well as they look 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly. You are correct on their fighting prowess too!

      Delete
  8. Excellent painting and dogged focus on the Scots, (just like Joe Root, you channelled your inner Hussain).
    Fabulous figures and superb basing.
    Looking forward to seeing the "frogs" arrive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. The first base of French Infantry, the 19th de Ligne, are finished so hopefully your wait will be shorter...

      Delete