David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 5 July 2023

Scots Fusilier Guards

 The new project, the Crimean War using predominantly Great War Miniatures from North Star, is now officially underway with the completion of the three bases making up the Scots Fusilier Guards. It's been steady progress while I worked out the best approach to painting the figures, especially as one or two signs of mold damage were evident on a few figures. I'm satisfied with the outcome despite these issues, so I hope you will approve too ~

The bases of course are from Warbases, my go-to MDF supplier while the flags are from North Star. At £4 a sheet of four flags it would be hard to justify paying more, though I think the GMB Designs flags are actually nicer. These will do for me though, unless I win the Lottery that is...

The base size, for those who like to know such things, will be 80*50*3mm for the British with figures in two ranks, while for the Roosians it will be 80*60*3mm with figures in three ranks. Next up with a following wind should be the Coldstream Guards. More as and when as they say...

19 comments:

  1. A most splendid project launch there Mr. B, every mm looking the soldiers of the Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive David and although it will take longer I like the larger units 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt! Indeed it will take longer, but so far I'm enjoying it!

      Delete
  3. Very good start to your project. Great job on the figures painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine looking unit.
    Looking forward to seeing some Russians painted up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard not to approve of such fine work David! I like the officer with his bearskin raised, which just adds a nice touch to the unit:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your support is very welcome SteveJ, thanks once more.

      Delete
  6. Splendid work there David…
    A fine looking unit to start this project with.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm rather pleased with the outcome I must admit. I'm currently working on the Coldstream Guards and the Royal Scots while I'm in the zone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very handsome Guardsmen, David!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splended turn-out there Dave, a wonderful start to the collection! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. โปรโมชั่น pg slot มากมาย เล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง แตกจริง ต้อง pg slot เท่านั้น! เล่นสล็อต พีจีสล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นหนึ่ง ทกลอง เล่น ฟรี พร้อมโบนัส

    ReplyDelete