David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 2 September 2020

Carthaginian Army?

 It seems I have a Carthaginian army. It came as a bit of a surprise I have to admit when I laid out everything I had painted for that side of the project ~

Unlike the Republican Romans, which bar one Agema Miniatures Tribune sculpted by Matt, are all by Aventine Miniatures the Carthaginians are sourced from several manufacturers as befits their historical predecessors. Figures are from A&A Miniatures, Wargames Foundry, Crusader, as well as Aventine Miniatures

This is not the end though, but it is certainly the beginning of the end for this side of the project. I'm currently working on the second unit of Hanibal's Veterans and the third arrived from Aventine Miniatures on Tuesday. Besides those I have a unit of Spanish Scutari and two warbands of Celtiberians, oh and another base of archers. After these there is the Allied legion and cavalry for the Republican Romans!

If I'm honest it's a bit daunting when you see it like that in black and white, but, "Onward!" I started, so I will finish, to coin a phrase... 

22 comments:

  1. All looking rather splendid there Magnus👍🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But will they fight? That is the question!

      Delete
  2. I must say they do like all arrayed for battle. Can't wait to see the opposition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They featured weeks ago SteveJ, did you miss them?

      Delete
  3. Wow...
    They have certainly snuck up on you...
    Now you know how the Romans felt...😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful army arrayed, David!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are certainly coming along David. Just a few Celts, more Numidian cavalry and perhaps a few Italian allies perchance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned the unpainted part of the army in the text. I'm plodding steadily on is the best I can say at present.

      Delete
  6. Splendid looking Carthaginian army!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fine start to a favorite army of mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks George, but more a force than an army. Several units to paint still.

      Delete
  9. Splendid looking army David you are making really quick progress 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, though I have to say it seems slow of late.

      Delete