David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 5 July 2021

Pendawar Presidency Body Guards

The last 3 of my order of 12 Sepoy Native Cavalry from AW Miniatures comprise three of the figures in full dress with laced jackets. I decided to utilise these as a Small Unit in Black Powder 2 terms and designated them the Presidency’s CinC Body Guards. Their uniform is inspired by that of the Java Volunteers in the period illustration below ~
 

 I mounted them on white horses to give the unit a bit of a lift and I must admit that I like the contrast of the red turbans with the dark blue jackets and yellow facings. 

Like their 1st Native Cavalry fellows they'll need a European officer at some stage. I would have tapped up Duncan for two British Light Dragoon officers and trumpeters as I have spare heads but it suddenly struck me hard that I can't do that any more... Never one to be daunted by circumstances though I've ordered up a pack of Irish Yeomanry (without carbines) from the Trent Miniatures remaining stock at Arcane as I remembered that Duncan had told me to use them as officers when he hadn't got a suitable figure in the range.

16 comments:

  1. Nice work David and very colourful they are too. I like the look of them on their light grey horses too. Take care, Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to be encouraged Helen, thank you.

      Delete
  2. They are a colourful little group, those red turbans may draw fire from the enemy though ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorful and superb, thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They looked rather splendid especially with the vibrant headwear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The uniform colours work a treat and their red turbans and white chargers should stand out nicely when on the table:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SteveJ, it will give Typoo something to aim at!

      Delete
  6. A particularly well fed bunch Mr.B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice indeed David…

    Guaranteed to run off at the first shot…😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly you are right...Phil will be disappointed!

      Delete