David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 23 January 2019

Bits and Pieces...


...added to GHQ and to my SYW armies. First up, for the latter project, two spare figures I had in the Lead Pimple painted and based now to act as ADCs, since Black Powder2 has changed the role of the Commanding General. Although you don’t strictly need an ADC figure, I had these in stock and they are a quick addition, so here they are, a French and British ADC. Both are from the Foundry SYW ranges, though for some reason the French appear under the Casting Room Miniatures label ~

As some of my loyal readers know I have from time to time over the last 20 years contributed articles on various themes to Wargames Illustrated. I was pleased to receive a mystery present from Dan for Christmas last year, and even more pleased when I opened it to see it was a canvas print of the first two pages of my recent Wargamers’ Spaces article. Where better to hang it than in GHQ?

And whilst on the theme of decoration I finally got around, with Sue’s invaluable assistance, to mounting my small collection of ACW bullets garnered over the many visits to battlefields and museums in the 90’s. Some may recognise the backing picture too I think ~



15 comments:

  1. A great way to disply those bullets:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me a while to get around to it mind.

      Delete
  2. Very organised, a man after my own heart. I used to have a collection of ACW bullets, maybe still have them, a great way to show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice David and I have some ACW bullets as well a must for ACW fans.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher I’m pleased by the final result too.

      Delete
  4. All very nice a home from home in GHQ 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s getting more homely as I get used to it!

      Delete
  5. Lovely ADC's and nice to have things framed!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat looking ADC's I had better read up and see how they work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent idea, then we can use an ADC in Monday's Indian Mutiny game!

      Delete
  7. Very nice David...
    I think that ADCs and all the other attendant hangers on really add life and colour to the wargames table...
    The framed bullets have turned out rather well.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ephemera of games is what gives them the look so often, so we are of one mind there.

      Delete
  8. Love the bullet collection 👍

    ReplyDelete