David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Tuesday, 15 September 2026

🎼🎵🎶There is nothing like a Dane!

 I painted my first figure for this retro-nostalgia project in early July, starting with figures from Wargames Foundry representing Danes in the service of the Maritime Powers 1702-1704. This part of the project has now reached its conclusion so I thought that I would celebrate the first milestone with this post. As ever your comments are very welcome ~













Figures by Wargames Foundry, bar the mortar which is from Warfare Miniatures; bases from Warbases; flags and standards from David Morffit's wonderful blog Not By Appointment. On to the second element next, the British, with Infantry from Ebor Miniatures and Horse from Warfare Miniatures. As yet I've not settled on which will be the prefered source for their artillery, as I want to complete the planned purchase of the infantry arm first.


20 comments:

  1. Most splendid, a massive well turned out and colourful output.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, your support is very much appreciated as you know. Hope the holiday is going well.

      Delete
  2. All looking fine and dandy there! A very attractive looking and colourful project, which will sit very nicely alongside your wonderful SYW collection! Excellent work all round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul! As you know the SYW French will be pressed into service as opponents, at least that's the plan...

      Delete
  3. Very nice looking figures. Over a hundred figures completed in just about 2 months is great progress. Looking forward to seeing the upcoming new editions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! Glad you liked what you saw. I completed a test Ebor Miniatures figure this morning for Orkney's foot, so the British are underway!

      Delete
  4. They look great there David and nice to see them en parade as it were. Sadly Blogger is still not showing new posts in my feed, despite trying Jon Freitag's 'fixes'. Very frustrating to say the least:(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SteveJ, and well done for getting here despite Blogger! I read yesterday its the result of any big update which is proving hard to resolve.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Tak skal du have! Te og kage er stadig tilgængelig!

      Delete
  6. What a splendid looking force David…
    You are inspiring me/my butterfly to make a visit to my WSS lead mountain 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most kind to my modest efforts, Aly, many thanks. I look forward to your take on the Danes!

      Delete
  7. All that hair…I wonder if it ever got singed when firing those muskets? Lovely looking miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt! Hair a moot point for some of us here abouts nowadays!

      Delete
  8. A lovely parade! they look magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very much appreciated Norm, thank you.

      Delete
  9. Oh my word, especially when they look as good as those do!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are Great Danes, indeed! I am about to embark on a WSS project in 28mm. My first order from Ebor is expected arrive on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan! I am just coming to the end of my first Ebor Miniatures regiment. I think you will enjoy painting yours.

      Delete