David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Saturday, 19 September 2026

A Little Distraction

Paul and I played an AWI encounter last Thursday. While I was getting sorted beforehand I played around with some of the bits and pieces, ephemera if you will, which I've accumulated over time and took a few pictures for interest. I thought you might like to see them ~

An C18th coach and horses which Phil painted for me a few years back now. The lady and gentleman greeting the occupant are from Perry Miniatures,  while the field worker you can just make out is from a Eureka set.
A better view of the coach and horses set. If I recall accurately its by either Westphalia or Black Hussar. The driver is a Foundry figure I think.
A camp scene from Perry Miniatures. Various camp detritus in resin, from lord knows where or when! The Robinson House from Hovels, acquired as is for £5.00 last Sunday at the Tabletop Sale held at Aldersley Leisure Village. 
An alternate viewpoint of the vignette. Its cleverly done so it can feature for both the Crown and the Rebels. I was going to repaint the house but I don't think I'll bother now.
"Gotta pick a bit o' cotton!" Cotton plants sourced on the web from Vietnam, really model railroad scenics. Made of wire and paper balls if you fancy a bash at your own. Female field hands from Eureka Miniatures UK. Dan got cold feet I think when I submitted a short piece about the representation of slavery and of Colored troops in ACW gaming Illustrated by this piece. It was very positively received though on my blog.
When Paul has found time to process the pictures there will be an AAR of the game. Pop back later in the week for that. Meanwhile Tuesday sees GHQ in action again, with a SYW game with Phil. Then it'll be time for some R&R for Sue and I towards the end of the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment