The central base features the regiment's commanding officer, colours and a drummer alongside three rank and file figures.
The officer adds a touch of colour to the otherwise drab grey-white of the rank and file figures, whilst the casualty adds a touch of movement and adds interest. The figure does not come with a musket, but fortunately there were spares in the bits box!
Similarly the third base sees the officer adding colour to the unit and the alternate casualty figure a point of interest. I added his musket after taking the picture, must plead age there, sorry! I've been adding a touch of seven o'clock shadow to the faces of figures in this project using a mix of Foundry Expert Flesh and British Gun Grey with mixed success, some being a darker shade than others. I put this down to differing beard growth between individuals, or different opportunities to shave while in the field!
In addition to these I've completed three more Danish artillerymen, the remnants of the eight figure pack and a spare figure of a sergeant pointing. They will crew a large mortar, currently in the post from Warfare Miniatures, along with figures for a third Squadron of British Horse. As an aside I've also ordered figures from Ebor Miniatures for a second British infantry regiment.
Meanwhile I made a tentative start on the first figure from Foundry for the cavalry element of the Danish tranche of the project in the form of a cuirassier charging with sword arm outstretched. I think it will be the middle of the month before any of these are finished though! More as and when...




Moft splendidly rendered and displayed Sire!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Phil! Did you get damp in Tamworth?
DeleteSplendid indeed! For elegance this period cannot be beaten, I think. And, as always, good to see some of my flags in action. :-) Thank you for the plug for my blog. Just thought I'd give the url for it: https://nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com/ for convenience as a search for Not By Appointment can turn up some odd other websites instead!
ReplyDeleteThanks David, for the encouragement and the link!
DeleteThe red clothed commander steals the attention just for a moment, but I rather like the chaps in grey with that subtle yellow bringing a harmony to the rest of the base.
ReplyDelete