Hobby time has been at a premium as you may recall me outlining in previous blog entries. In precious but short downtimes I have managed to complete the first base of figures for Prince Carl's infantry regiment. I thought you might like to see them rather than wait until the middle of the month when they may be completed. The figures are once more from the venerable Wargames Foundry range, the flags from David Morffit's wonderful blog, Not by Appointment, and the bases from the ever dependable Warbases ~
I enjoy trying out various permutations of the figures' positions on the 80 x 60mm bases I'm using for this nostalgia project, trying to capture a moment of the regiment in action. I have, as you no doubt are aware, never reconciled myself to the blistering of figures, longing for the time past when I could choose individual figures to suit my own composition of regiments. Yes, I know Front Rank are sold individually, and they may feature at some point in the project's evolution.
I have seen that Wargames Foundry are having a Summer Sale so I ordered up further figures for the project's small Danish contingent. The warchest has stretched to a third Infantry regiment, two squadrons of cavalry with cuirass, and two 12lb guns and crew. I had been planning to wait on these, but at 10% off I think a change of plan was justified. Ordered on Friday lunchtime, delivered on Saturday morning; you really can't complain about that for service all round! Meanwhile, work on figures for the rest of Prince Carl's infantry regiment continues slowly...



That is rather splendid a wonderful vignette in its own right.
ReplyDelete