David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 26 February 2021

E.I.C. artillery command vignette

 Making use of the second 'spare' gunner and one of the mounted colonels I've created a small vignette style base to represent the command element for the E.I.C. foot artillery battery ~


These small vignette style bases help, I think anyway, to make the game more attractive to the eye even if they have no direct purpose in the rules. Whatever, they have used up two less interesting or less active figures from the artillery pack. Once I finish the 4 representative Grenadiers for the 3rd Pendawar Native Infantry I can get the two guns and crew finished. Beyond these I shall see where my fancy takes me next.

29 comments:

  1. Another very nice command stand/vignette David, with the white hat and clothes making them stand out somewhat from the rank-and-file IMHO:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SteveJ, I'm pleased with them on the whole.

      Delete
  2. Lovely colors, nice paint job and beautiful vignette David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job, they look like gentlemen ... but are they!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following your fancy eh! ....there may be trouble ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than likely, but I'm past caring really.😷

      Delete
  5. Nice work David....did they really wear white top hats ! Extraordinary but very elegant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt! White toppers widespread in tropics.

      Delete
    2. I think you can get a cream for that or was it a salve...

      Delete
    3. I take it that you've a day off then?

      Delete
  6. A lovely colourful vignette David.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind encouragement Aly, much appreciated.

      Delete
  7. Another natty and nicely turned out vignette, old chum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, but will it ever see the tabletop in GHQ I find myself wondering...?😷

      Delete
  8. Brilliant looking figures. What make are these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe you missed these for your Caribbean project Ray; they're Perry Miniatures figures from the British Napoleonic range fighting the French in Egypt.

      Delete
  9. A cracking looking vignette David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christopher, that's very kind.

      Delete
  10. Very handsome and atmospheric, David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gonsalvo, all encouragement is welcome.

      Delete
  11. More great work on these, I love the white hats

    ReplyDelete