David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 21 October 2024

Pompus Minimaximus & Others

No army can ever have too many Command Stands to choose from in my opinion! So, using a selection of the figures I acquired from Colonel Bill's last month, along with one spare figure occasioned by the recent rebasing of the Late Roman collection, I have added two new Command Stands to my Late Roman collection.
The smaller of the two bases has one mounted and two foot figures and so it will be utilized as a command element for one of the Divisions in an Army ~
The larger base has four mounted figures and is meant to depict the rightful Emperor, Pompus Minimaximus, as an Army Commander. The splendid banner the base sports is from a set designated as suitable for Saga units on the Gripping Beast site, but why it's hidden away like that I can't say ~
All the figures are from the venerable Foundry range, sculpted by Alan and Michael Perry back in the day. The shield transfers are from LBMS and the bases from Warbases. The brass spears I bought from Pendraken at The Other Partizan recently as my supply was running low and 'winter is coming' after all. Next up for the Late Roman expansion project as I think I said previously are a unit of Heavy Cavalry, with two figures under the brush already. 

4 comments:

  1. Two most splendid command bases, Minimax looks quite resplendent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks PJR, I value your contributions and judgement as you know!

      Delete