David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 18 October 2024

Late {Very Late} Romans...and Others!

My usual painting routine has been much disrupted by the 'Lurgi' which struck down both Sue and me. As a consequence of this situation it took much longer to process the two units of Late Romans I'd prepared for their moment under the brush. The figures are the venerable Foundry figures, a mixture from the Late Roman and Arthurian ranges. I bought the figures from Colonel Bill's last month, some cavalry and rather more infantry figures. The first unit are Light/Unarmoured Cavalry ~

Whilst the second are a unit of skirmishing Light Infantry with javelins ~

For both units the shield transfers are from LBMS, kindly passed on by Phil as he had spare capacity. The bases are from Warbases as you'd expect. Next up should be figures for the command base of Pompus Minimaximus, the rightful successor of Pompus Maximus, so cruelty deposed by the usurper Gornalus. I've also got figures for a second command base in the queue along with another Heavy Cavalry unit of eight figures. My hope is to process all of those by the end of this month {DV}.

On an unrelated tack and while I was feeling sorry for myself on Monday I received a parcel in the morning post. 

It contained my Kickstarter pledge for Matt Bickley's Vikings from Footsore Miniatures via Sarissa Precision

It was only 14 days late, which as Kickstarters go seems to pan out as pretty much on time! Of course the figures are beautiful, small works of art each one. I hope to work on them over the winter along with more Late Romans and my Pyrrhic Wars army. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment