David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 27 October 2024

Late Roman Cavalry

This unit of Foundry Late Roman Heavy Cavalry is the last of the mounted figures I sourced from Colonel Bill's to expand the collection. They are a mixture of the Late Roman and Arthurian ranges, giving me the look of a battle hardened formation which I think suits the period nicely. The shield transfers are from LBMS via Phil, the only difficulty I had with them was that they were from the Gripping Beast range and so not quite a perfect fit for my shields. The bases are from Warbases of course ~

Next I have some infantry units in the Lead Pimple awaiting preparation and spray undercoating, so I'd hope to get on to them once I get myself organised. As an aside, I bought some further packs from Foundry at The Other Partizan to beat their price gouging; more cavalry and some Franks/Saxons to flesh out the Barbarian allies in either army. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work there David ans the shield designs are great, even if not a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete