David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Thursday 8 June 2023

Meanwhile, back in 1066...

...and All That, a base of Saxon skirmishers, which I started two weeks ago but only finished yesterday as Sue and I had been away in Norfolk for a week. The figures are from Wargames Foundry, sculpted by Matt Bickley early on in his career ~

There are 10 other figures underway now to form a further base/unit for the Coerls as further light relief from painting Mitres on Brunswick Grenadiers! In the meantime I have placed a couple of substantial orders for figures to form the backbone of a new, or not, project. More on that as and when as they say 

18 comments:

  1. I like the action poses of this pair. Dynamic and nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, mainly down to the sculptor of course.

      Delete
  2. Nice duo David, very dynamic, I particularly like the thrower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks George, much appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Very nice David…
    It’s nice to have a little rest from all that braid and brass…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly, indeed a rest was really needed. Four more already finished, three more underway.

      Delete
  4. Very nice you have done the lads figures proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best, so it's nice when it's appreciated as it's often a struggle I find.

      Delete
  5. The guy who has just thrown his spear ….. what a wonderfully sculpted pose, looks like he has put everything he has into throwing that thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An early sign of Matt's talent I agree.

      Delete
  6. P.S. odd, above comment posted instantly, on your previous post I tried to comment 17 times! And had to give up …. The mysteries of Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done David, two might be a little thin on the ground in my books for a unit but I know you have smaller core units. As others have said I like the dynamic poses. A new project as well ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A case of needs must really Matt. And yes, a new project coming soon. The book I ordered came yesterday so it's up and running!

      Delete
  8. Rather like the slinger from a previous post, the chap who has already thrown his javelin looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very nice base there Dave, Matt's figures certainly make fine additions to any collection!

    ReplyDelete