David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 23 June 2023

Colonial Militia for the F&IW

I realise I've  probably said this somewhere before but when I attended the recent Partizan show I went unencumbered by The List. So it was on nothing more than a whim that I bought some F&IW figure blisters from North Star. To be strictly accurate these comprised the pack of Colonial Militia, the pack of British regulars in campaign kit and the single British officer. In my mind they were going to make a Colonial Militia unit and now they are finished you can see whether you agree with me or not ~

I hoped that the mixed mostly muted colours would do the trick and create in the viewer's mind the illusion of a Militia unit with very mixed kit at their disposal. I think myself it's been successful but I'm sure there may be those who disagree. Let's hope they are amongst the invisible throng who never comment! I'd like to add a similar unit of French Canadian Militia to the roster at some point, those by Galloping Major look suitable. Sadly though the war chest is bare for now, depleted by the acquisition of the basic requirements for my Crimean War project as detailed in the previous blog entry!

10 comments:

  1. Great looking unit.
    I agree that the muted colours are a great choice to represent a militia.
    Great basing and scenery too

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sturdy(?) muddle of militia there Mr. B. Muted and yet colourful in equal measure, nailed it from here👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. The muted colours do work a treat David and I took a similar approach with mine, which does help make them different visuallt when on the table top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the muted colours are a hit then SteveJ.

      Delete
  4. The figures certainly have the come as you can vibe of a militia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fine body of militia there Dave.... they really look the part! Very nicely finished off and based. Well done!

    ReplyDelete