David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Tuesday 23 May 2023

Some Figures: Old...

...and New, all for the '1066 & All That' project. Firstly the 'Old', some Norman and Breton infantry. Normans are Foundry figures while the Bretons are from Black Tree or Renegade, an eBay purchase early last year I recall.  They have made up one base/element of Heavy infantry and a couple of skirmisher bases (Bretons) ~

Next I made up two bases/elements of Medium infantry (Normans). Phil painted them of course, at OAP/Mates rates, thankfully ~

The first of the 'New' in the shape of some Foundry Norman armoured/heavy archers in rule terms. Of course Phil painted these for me I should say. I had thought to purchase a second pack but in the end decided against it this time round ~

And lastly then, some Footsore Miniatures Late Saxon slingers, sculpted by Matt and painted by yours truly, to deploy as skirmishers for Harald Bikersson's army ~

I might push the boat out and buy a pack of his/their Dark Age Welsh slingers too, though at £9.50 for 4 figures I find that they are on the steep side of expensive. I'm only a poor pensioner after all... especially after my Partizan spending spree!

14 comments:

  1. Nice painting and brushwork. I think that slinger on the right of the bottom photo is a most convincing slinger pose, humble compared to the armoured stuff, but quite a stand-out figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, enthusiastic support always welcomed here in GHQ.

      Delete
  2. Good work, David! Some of the spearmen look like typical BTD poses but I cannot be for certain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right Jonathan, I just can't recall.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! More in your hands now of course.

      Delete
  4. A good mix of poses and unit types there David and all look fantastic as always. As Norm has already said, the slinger that has just loosed his stone is an excellent pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The slinger seems to have touched the spot.

      Delete
  5. Nice looking rebasing and new toys David .
    I also think that the slingers make for a lovely animated unit.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking figures David.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good stuff all round there Dave! Some very nice additions to the collection. I like the archers! 😉

    ReplyDelete