David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 14 May 2023

Karl Willhelm Ferdinand, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel

Even though the Brunswick contingent of my SYW Allied army is small I wanted it to have its own command base to represent Karl Willhelm Ferdinand, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel. And here he is with his staff ready to serve whenever called upon ~

His figure is from Wargames Foundry's Prussian Freikorps Officers pack while his two staff figures are the venerable Front Rank SYW figures, one British one Swedish if I remember correctly ~ 

I'm working on two guns and crew to accompany the infantry regiments as battalion guns now, then I've the converged Grenadier regiment to finish for the Brunswick contingent in my army, but I need a bit of a break from them I feel. I've some Late Saxon slingers from Footsore to add to the skirmishers for the Saxons of the '1066 & All That' collection ready to start next and then we'll see if that refreshes my mojo for the grenadiers.

22 comments:

  1. Fine commanding looking figures David…
    I’m looking forward to seeing the Grenadiers when your mojo ie fired up.

    All the best. Aly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall endeavour to satisfy your wishes as soon as the lace mojo turns up.

      Delete
  2. Good looking group,I especially like the painting on the white horse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done David he is a lovely characterful sculpt 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was fun to paint, less so the other two I'm sad to report.

      Delete
  4. They ooze character, nice composition and brushwork. The switch in periods should help you keep having fun while finishing up the contingent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I do hope you are right mojo wise.

      Delete
  5. Lovely group as usual David, I am sure they will not let you down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George! As I'm generally the French I'm not too worried if he's duff!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic models and painting.



    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willz, I can take credit for splashing paint on them but not for owt else, except perhaps choosing and basing?

      Delete
  7. Another lovely command stand there David:). It's good to have a few projects on the go so you can have a break from one if you get 'bored'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SteveJ. I tend to stick to one thing usually trying to get it to table ready status if you follow me. Lately it's all been tricorns and I need a change, however brief.

      Delete
  8. Impressive David. Im envious of your continued ability to paint, sadly Im laid up again and worry I wont get down to Partizan. So keep up your good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you are unwell Robbie, get well soon. I shall be positive and look out for you at Partizan.

      Delete
  9. Lovely looking command base...very nicely put together. Another inspiring example to us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind, thank you. If it encourages one person I'd be pleased.

      Delete