David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 24 October 2021

Confederate Limbers...

 ...enhanced by the addition of a handful of figures, hopefully to create a more interesting look on the tabletop battlefield. 

The additional figures are from Dixon Miniatures of course and the flag is a spare GMB Designs one. The original Limbers were done so far back in the midst of time that I can only assume they are also from Dixon Miniatures! The other figure is from 1st Corps I'm sure. The bases are from Warbases, as ever.

I'd three ACW figures left in the Lead Pimple so I've painted them up to represent a Command element for some Dismounted Union Cavalry. If you don't look too closely they will pass muster I think.

For the first time in many, many months I have no more ACW figures lurking in the Lead Pimple! Is this the End of Days I wonder...?





16 comments:

  1. Very nice David…….ACW a completed project ? Surely not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, and an order placed with Trevor of course yesterday!

      Delete
  2. Particularly fine and dandy looking vignettes my good man. No ACW! Order some up forthwith Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. (See reassuring note above re order!)

      Delete
  3. Nice work Mr.B. Btw there's a few Dixon ACW bargains on eBay right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon. Looked at eBay but after P&P not much in it with ordering new.

      Delete
  4. Great work there David and I particularly like the damaged liber, which is a nice touch. Let's hope it's not the end of days just yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks SteveJ, as always much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Splendid looking limbers David…
    The end of days only happens when you have nothing left in your lead mountain/pimple…
    Best buy some more toys … just in case.😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, the Lead Pimple is not yet void and more are on the way!

      Delete
  6. Well only one thing to do if you painted up all your ACW .....and that of course is to buy more and put the universe back in order. Lovely looking artillery and command David btw.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the support and advice Christopher, more are on the way!

      Delete
  7. Very nice, I like the wrecked limber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George. I imagine back in the day Phil probably did the wrecking for me, but I can't remember now.

      Delete
  8. I do love your vignettes. Simple and effective.

    Cheers,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete