David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 8 May 2020

Chipping away at the Lead Pimple

Like many of us confined to quarters during this pandemic malarkey I've been keeping my spirits up through my hobby. As the Lead Pimple is now reduced to less than one 4L RUB, the choice of what to paint is somewhat limited; in fact to ACW Cavalry, US Regulars of 1812-15 or some FRW French infantry and battalion guns. Oh, and some ACW Personalities from Perrys.
As I was on a roll with horses after my recent FRW French cavalry I plunged right in to paint my remaining Union cavalry by Dixon Miniatures and here they are, finished ~


My Union cavalry force now comprises two Brigades, each of two regiments; one Brigade each from New York and from Pennsylvania ( I had the flags from GMB Designs) I've not quite enough dismounted figures if I deploy both brigades in a game, but I can get by.
With these done I've started on a FRW French Battalion gun and crew, the last of my Eureka preorder from Salute two years ago. I will also paint the second gun and crew up of course once this one is done. In the meantime, do keep safe.

16 comments:

  1. The unit looks great David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher, as ever much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, your enthusiasm is welcome.

      Delete
  3. I was just contemplating doing another regiment of Union cavalry David and then ended up painting the Cherokee Braves.These Dixon chaps are a fine looking regiment, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie, and looking forward to seeing your Braves soonish.

      Delete
  4. Splendid work David it is just a shame the casts all come shooting in the same direction ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, though as only one is sporting a firearm your second point is somewhat baffling.

      Delete
  5. Fine and dandy looking Yankees there Mr. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, good to know they will do.

      Delete
  6. As good as ever. My own lead barrel is beginning to fill up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George, the Lead Pimple has has a small restock since I wrote the entry.

      Delete
  7. More fine looking toys David...

    When lockdown and social distancing is all over we are going to see some splendid games...

    All the the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Games? What were they...?
      Glad you liked the new toys though.

      Delete
  8. A handsome Union Cavalry unit, David.
    While the battlefield role of ACW cavalry was limited, their importance in scouting, raiding, etc was undiminished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind sentiments Gonsalvo, much appreciated.

      Delete