David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 13 May 2020

Only Two years...

...in the Lead Pimple? It seems longer somehow now I think about how many times I've seen these waiting their moment under the brush. These are the last part of my Salute pre-order of 2018, shared with chum Colin Ashton to take advantage of the great discount and to avoid postage charges! These are Eureka Miniatures French Battalion guns and crew which I think I ordered in the end just to make up my side of the order, as I'd already painted four sets from Trent Miniatures. That probably explains why they sat so long in a RUB under my desk! Nevertheless, here they are finished at last ~


I thought that I'd try a few close ups as well to try to show how even average brushwork enhances the on table look of figures and units ~




No wargames project should ever really be called finished, and indeed I have a unit of Scots Greys still awaiting the command to be made, along with another French infantry battalion gifted me by chum Aly Morrison, but it's hard to see anything else being added any time soon!

20 comments:

  1. Marvellous job on the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mutts nuts Mr. B👊💥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid looking crew and pieces! The stripes are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, it's much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I wish my shaky hand could do those stripes in 28mm! Very impressive work I must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SteveJ, it is at the limit of what I can do now though. It passes the three feet rule and that will do for me.

      Delete
  5. Outstanding and gorgeous stripes David, excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking early French artillery, David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kind words are much appreciated, thank you.

      Delete
  7. Far better than average, very nice troop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of you to say so George, but there are far better out there than me.

      Delete
  8. Splendid work David......definately nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  9. May have taken a couple years but it was worth as the pieces look great!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete