David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Tuesday 7 January 2020

F&IW Native American character

Just a short post as I've finished painting and basing the free figure from Warlord Games which came with the Black Powder supplement Dark and Bloody Ground. I really liked the whole look of the figure and enjoyed painting it. Here are two pictures of the finished piece ~

I'm quite pleased by how he turned out in the end. For the flesh I used the same method as on all my F&IW native American figures, first shown to me by Joe Moore when I stayed with him to attend Cold Wars one time. It's just repeated washes of Games Workshop Flesh Wash over the standard white acrylic spray undercoat I buy from a local Home & Motor store. It's quick and works for me, so that does!
I thought a granite finish for the rocks would be too harsh against the Colour Party Dried Earth Basetex I use for these bases, so I chose Foundry Rawhide shade as a base, highlighted with the same company's British Uniform Light. No real plans for a game in the near future, but he's ready when summoned now at least.
On the painting desk three Footsore VBCW standard bearers are nearly finished and four other figures for the same are started, including a rather jolly Bishop {of unknown manufacture} included in Tim Hall's last box of freebies.

16 comments: