David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 20 December 2019

100th Foot, Prince Regent's County of Dublin Regiment, War of 1812

The second of my Foundry War of 1812-15 British Regular regiments, painted for me by John Hill, are now based and ready to be varnished. The flags are from Flags of War and the bases from Warbases. I get my basing texture and static grass from the Tutbury Jinty, a model railway shop in Tutbury of course ~

As usual, following the general shot of the 100th Foot drawn up in line, here are a couple of close up pictures to give a better sense of the detail for the reader to pick up on ~


Recently this range from Foundry, sculpted by Aly Morrison, was described to me as venerable, suggestive in their thinking, I suppose, of ancient rather than worthy of veneration. I would choose the latter myself as the range stands up well against more modern offerings from Knuckleduster and Brigade Games, figures from which companies now also figure in my collection.
On the painting desk, still, are the Knuckleduster figures for a unit of Canadian Sedentary Militia, which I still hope to finish by the year's end, though two Perry Miniatures Mounted officers to portray a General and his ADC have now also been completed and deployed into GHQ to await varnishing ~

I have one more Foundry unit to paint before I reach the three new Brigade Games units which recently checked in from the USA. With the completion of those figures the War of 1812-15 expansion project will be completed for now at least, though I’d like some Canadian cavalry at some stage if I can light on suitable figures.

18 comments:

  1. Completed, never thought you would use that word David. Lovely figures and painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did say for now at least though in my defence.

      Delete
  2. Another great unit to add to your collection!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very pleased with the way they turned out.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I agree, John did a grand job painting them.

      Delete
  4. Another great looking unit and command stand:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors, flags and paint job...COngrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking unit of foot and nice mounted officers too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, though no mention of the flags?

      Delete
  7. Yet more lovely additions to your collection David....
    You must have a fair amount of troops now...
    How about a new year parade.?

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your ongoing encouragement Aly, it's much appreciated. I'll see what I can organise in the new year for a parade.

      Delete