David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Tuesday 9 March 2021

Their Lordships confer...

 ...before battle commences. Well, we can all hope for a return to face-to-face gaming here in GHQ and elsewhere! Continuing with the stated plan of interweaving command and other vignettes among painting whole units for the Army of Pendawar I've completed two mounted generals to command the whole army. The figures are from Perry Miniatures Napoleonic British in Egypt range, being from the generic set rather than the two sets of named commanders ~

Some of the detail on the figures seems to be very sketchy; perhaps the moulds are aging or perhaps it's my eyesight, or even a mixture of the two, who knows? Anyway, they are done now and will have to do. I've made some progress with the Pendawar Fusiliers alongside these, but the uniform details are slowing me down a fair bit. I guess they will take me the best part of March to complete, but as ever I'm always hopeful I can do better!

24 comments:

  1. Another fine addition there, I see they look scale socially distanced tooπŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive noticed a few of the Perry figures are looking it worn David,it must be their age, a bit like us. Lovely commanders by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking pair of commanders, in spite of any difficulties !
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very nice to me and any flaws in casting or painting aren't obvious to me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their Lordships look fine to me David...
    Very nice indeed...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look good David ....you are underselling you painting skills I zoomed in on the Officer of the right and he is splendid. He just needs an army to order about πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, though I fear an army is a good way off...

      Delete
  8. Another lovely command vignette David and let's hope they can see action come late Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SteveJ! I've almost given up hope of face-to-face gaming at times.

      Delete
  9. Very nice. I'll start working on my tan. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly it will be a while yet I fear, but it is edging closer by the day! In the meantime, keep busy...πŸ‘³πŸ½‍♂️

      Delete
  10. Lovely looking command stand David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Christopher, much appreciated.

      Delete
  11. Will the collection be rapidly expanding? https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/wolverhampton/2021/02/26/mystery-winner-from-wolverhampton-wins-1m-on-national-lottery/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not me, though I did buy a ticket for the Euro Lottery, first for years! I got no numbers of course!

      Delete
  12. A splendid couple of gentlemen David.

    ReplyDelete