David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Tuesday 17 December 2019

1st Foot, the Royal Scots, War of 1812

A quick post to show a further addition to my War of 1812-15 collection. These are Foundry figures representing the 1st Foot, the Royal Scots. They were painted for me by John Hill, a chum of Jon's. The flags are by Flags of War and the bases by Warbases ~

All I did was base, texture, grass and add flags. I'm really pleased by them I have to say. While John's style is different mine I think they fit right in. A couple of closer pictures as usual ~

I received the second unit yesterday from John, via Jon, and they are already based and textured. I'll post them later in the week when they are grassed and the flags added.
Meanwhile, the two RUBs of painted War of 1812-15 figures have been varnished on Sunday last and the whole collection reboxed ready for action early in 2020. On the painting desk I've got the Knuckleduster figures I bought from Caliver which I'm painting as Canadian Sedentary Militia. Oh, and my order from Brigade Games in the USA arrived in under a week! Not bad eh?

20 comments:

  1. Lovely looking unit and great flags!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I can't put my finger on I thought you'd like the flags😉.

      Delete
  2. Another lovely looking unit. Can't wait to see these in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SteveJ, much appreciated. I think they will debut early in 2020 here in GHQ.

      Delete
  3. Great additional pick up for your collection David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, fine addition without having to paint them myself. JH's work is very pleasing!

      Delete
  4. Superb brushwork on these classic figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree DeanM, JH has done them and me proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They will fit in well I think, look forward to leading them to a great victory in the new year :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will do them proud😉but it's your dice you need to convince...

      Delete
    2. I have already ordered new ones ;~)

      Delete
    3. It will not matter, the very ether of OHQ will soon corrupt the new dice.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I'm very pleased by folk's response to them.

      Delete
  8. Looking good as you have said they will fit right in........😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one good looking unit David. I have decided to start my 1812 project this Christmas as I've got all the figures organised. Hope you and Sue have a great Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colin! Have a grand Christmas yourselves! No doubt your 1812 project will soon eclipse mine!

      Delete
  10. Splendid... nice new toys without too much effort...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete