The second base of figures for Prins Carl's infantry regiment has passed under the Brush of Doom and joined its fellow completed last month. The first figure for the third base has been completed and four more are very nearly finished. All this while the decorators are working in what looks like organised chaos to the outsider. Enough blathering on, here is the new base for your considerstion ~
As you may recall The War of the Spanish Succession project is mainly driven by nostalgia. I fell to wondering where the two Minifigs War of the Spanish Succession armies Phil and I had sold on to a gamer in South Wales had ended up after John Tuckey has passed on, him being their last known owner. Hopefully they are loved by a gamer and doing battle still over someone's tabletop battlefield. In the meantime here are both completed bases ~
As Ebor Miniatures are on holiday until August 20th I have to wait patiently before placing my order for more figures, for the first English infantry brigade. No rush though really as Phil told me recently, I have plenty to occupy me already in stock! I can't argue with that obviously, but that never stopped me - and others no doubt - ordering up more! In my sights for further acquisitions are Dixon Miniatures, for a Dutch infantry brigade; or Reiver Castings perhaps? That leaves Front Rank to consider, perhaps for a second brigade? As you see, a set of vague aspirations rather than a firm plan! We shall see in due course where the project takes me no doubt...




Very fine Mr. B. I recently remembered that the Custard Men appear in a photo in Rank and File rules when it's cooler I will have to pop up the loft to see if I still have them.
ReplyDeleteI think I still have my set of R&F in GHQ. I'll look when I can get in!
DeleteSome nice work there David, I’ll stick to WWII fatigues.
ReplyDeleteThanks George! I have some SYW spare if you change your mind!
DeleteVery nice David and already that the project is growing. Where I wonder do all those old armies go ?
ReplyDeleteThank you Matt! Yes, where do they go? I just hope its not the tip!
DeleteFantastic David! They not only look great, but you are 'ploughing' through them at an impressive rate, esp. with lots of other things going on!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thank you James! I shall be glad when other things are done with.
DeleteLovely work, the project is going along at a good pace.
ReplyDeleteThanks Donnie, but recently its slowed down markedly!
DeleteVery nicely done there David and the whole unit should look great once the other base is finished:)!
ReplyDelete