David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Saturday 25 July 2020

More Numidians...

...but Light Infantry javelin armed skirmishers this time ~
The figures are from A&A Miniatures once more. As the shields of my Numidian Light Cavalry were so well received I decided on a different scheme for these to see what folk thought. The poses are not the most varied or dynamic, so every little helps. As with the other elements in this project the MDF bases are 2mm 80x50mm from Warbases. The basing texture is my mix of three grades of Woodlands Scenics ballast, buff in colour, available in my local Hobbycraft. I wash it after 24 hours drying time with Crafter's Acrylic Country Maple.  The static grass and tuft vegetation is from several sources.
At present I'm working on four bases of Gallic Heavy Cavalry from Wargames Foundry. Their bold sculpting style is kind to my eyes if not my hand - they are quite chunky! I didn't like the shield options which came with them, so I've ordered some from A&A Miniatures instead, as well as shield transfers from LBM. When I have these I'll preview those figures I've so far completed.

20 comments:

  1. A loverly bunch of skirmishers David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More finely done additions to the project. Elephant incoming🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! Looking forward to seeing the first Effalump.

      Delete
  3. The 80mm basing is a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely units David, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really good David, even with the slightly stilted poses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SteveJ, your kind words are appreciated.

      Delete
  6. These look great, not thought about A&A before, now on my list. Thanks for posting.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a decent Ancient range and are compatible with Crusader Miniatures.

      Delete
  7. Lovely toys David...
    And yet more nice work on the shields...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not exactly flashy troops, but they look good and are immediately recognizable as Numidians!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work David quite a force developing......we have had a slight lull here with some building work but more to come soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. Looking forward to your next offerings.

      Delete