David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 8 July 2019

"Follow me!"

I have been making slow but steady progress on my small expansion to the American forces of the War of 1812, this time in the shape of the 16th Infantry Regiment. It seems from sources that early in the war they may have worn dark grey uniform coats rather than blue. These may have been faced black, but I chose red facings for mine following an Osprey illustration Google threw up. As with the bulk of the collection they are the old Foundry figures sculpted by Aly Morrison. The flags I downloaded from the internet a while ago. As ever, a photo of the Regiment drawn up in line ~

A couple of closer shots for those of a strong constitution ~



Thanks to Phil I now have a gun for the artillery crew I bought, so they are currently on the painting desk! I’ve also got a few of the newer range by Knuckleduster, the Kentucky Mounted Rifles, which should feature later in the summer.

14 comments:

  1. Splendid looking unit Sir, more lambs to the slaughter in due course ;~) See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely unit, I am now struggling for time to do everything I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George! Hope your time management will allow for more painting soon!

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking US unit, so with a bit of luck you will conquer Canada?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was still on their side of the river at the end of the game.

      Delete
  4. Well done with the latest unit David, hopefully they will perform badly against His Majesties forces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice David...
    There are also references to U.S. troops wearing Brown,Black and ‘Drab’ coatees... so plenty of variety... though ‘Drab’ may be a hard one to pin down...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Aly. I have one in brown already. I'd really like another Militia unit in tall hats, but the lack of command figures and the packaging of figures puts me off. I need ADCs and Brigade Commanders first anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fine looking regiment David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly their fighting prowess was limited...

      Delete