David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 10 February 2023

Hanoverian infantry regiment Jung Zastrow

I've been pressing on with the Hanoverian tranche of my SYW expansion project and have recently completed a second infantry regiment, the Jung Zastrow regiment. They have yet to be varnished, but I thought you'd like to see them anyway. The figures are from Front Rank and are nice figures under the brush. Bases as ever are from Warbases while the flags are the result of a Google search and will do for me! Anyway, here they are ~

As I'm in the process of preparing my table here in GHQ for a forthcoming Wargames Illustrated photoshoot later in the month I thought I'd try an 'in game type' picture just for interest. 
For those who like to know these things, the roads are a latex product from Scenic Effects back in the 1990's, the tents are of similar vintage from Architectural Heritage designed in the USA by talented friend Dave Paddock, while the trees are from The Last Valley. The 'general dressing' set is from Foundry's SYW Russians, the cooking cauldron from Irregular Miniatures and finally the gabbions are from... well, there you have me now, memory let's me down right at the end; Gallia perhaps?


22 comments:

  1. Fine looking fellows and flags there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Will they fight though, that's the issue?

      Delete
  3. Splendid looking unit David , always impressed by your table ‘dressing’ 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, like you I enjoy the look of a game.

      Delete
  4. Just curious, why do you use 5 bases for a Battalion insread of 6?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Habit. Having been a wargamer for nigh on fifty years I do things my way as I provide both armies for most games here in GHQ. In fact if you're asking about this in the context of Black Powder, it's a tool kit of rules, not holy writ. I have Regular units of 3&4 bases in some games where it suits me.

      Delete
  5. Very nice, the officer is particularly striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid addition David, I must get a cauldron.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fine body of men there David and those flags look great, so thumbs up from me:). Nice items too on the scenery front to dress your table, which is always nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your positive responses, they are much appreciated.

      Delete
  8. Another lovely looking regiment David…
    The red coats and green facings are a very attractive combination.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Aly. Your steadfast support of my modest efforts is appreciated.

      Delete
  9. Another splended looking unit there Dave... Well done! Great work.

    ReplyDelete