David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 8 August 2022

B.A.O.R. additional vehicles

As I mentioned before, in an earlier post on this theme, Phil has been kindly helping me in this project by wielding his air brush over the various vehicles in the collection. Those featured in this blog post are all from Butler's Printed Models which I think are splendid little wargames models. I'm merely responsible for adding transfers, basing and applying texture, static grass and tufts to finish off each model.

A Rapier anti-aircraft battery on the move.
Long wheelbase Land Rover, for the HQ, or for the S.A.S detachment in games.
Land Rover Ambulance. A bit of fluff for the tabletop. At present it's lacking the Red Cross markings as I've no transfers in house!
Land Rover 101 Forward Control, intended for my HQ on the tabletop.

I'm still working on the deployed version of the Rapier battery, the parts are very small and fiddly I've found. I've converted a figure to man the control for the system, but he's still waiting to be painted! In the small Plastic Pimple now are two Harrier ground attack aircraft kits for the RAF and two SU-17 fighter-bomber kits for the Soviets, as well as the T55s I mention in the earlier post. It's strange isn't it how our projects seem to grow almost as if of their own accord? Oh well...


14 comments:

  1. I always took your comment that "this wouldn't grow any bigger" with a big pinch if salt๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Projects always seem to grow, despite our best efforts. Note to self: must try harder;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resistance is futile, as a Vogon might say.

      Delete
  3. Nice vehicles. Our wargame projects mirror reality, grow, take longer and always over budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on there George! The voice of experience in both camps!

      Delete
  4. Very nice David…and Phil…
    I do like British military vehicles from this period of history…
    They look so…. British ๐Ÿ˜.
    I’m looking forward seeing the Harriers…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit of a wait yet, helicopters and tanks still to do first!

      Delete
  5. Nicely done David as for projects growing on their own, I know that feeling all to well. I visited claymore at the weekend and bought far too many bargains !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was not alone! Sad to have missed Claymore, but hotel costs exorbitant!

      Delete
  6. Projects do have a way of growing. Looks great btw.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher, much appreciated as ever.

      Delete
  7. Looking splended Dave... excellent work form both Phil and yourself. Building into a very nice collection.

    ReplyDelete