David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Thursday 20 February 2020

New Jersey Militia muster in!

The main four bases of figures are now finished for this latest addition to my War of 1812-15 expansion project. These are Brigade Games figures who will represent a regiment of New Jersey Militia. The flags are home produced using images I found on the net after a Google fest! I doubt they are strictly historically correct but they will do for my purposes ~

As I mentioned the four remaining figures  are mounted in twos on two 40mm round bases to use as markers for skirmishers ~

 Next in line in the painting queue I have the Canadian Voltigeurs to work on, who will be based to the same pattern, and another Command base for the US forces using up spare Foundry figures I have in stock.
If I manage those this month then I plan to paint up the Vickers 6 ton tank Phil gifted me for my VBCW collection. After that I have two regiments of Dixon Miniatures ACW Confederate infantry I would like to paint up for our campaign in the second half of the year. Wish me luck...

10 comments:

  1. Digging the Joisey boys, looking the bizz indeed. Onward Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! The first Canadian Voltigeurs have been finished too.

      Delete
  2. Another lovely unit and really like the bases that can be detached to act as skirmishers. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement SteveJ! I'm pressing on with the Canadian Voltigeurs; 2 down, 14 to go!

      Delete
  3. Your making great progress David, how do you do that given all the soirees you attend.I like the idea of Canadian Voltigeurs it has a certain cachet to the title, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie. I tend to paint early morning from about 7.00 onwards when hand and eye are most cooperative. Sometimes an hour or so, sometimes much less, but it all adds up

      Delete
  4. Another fine unit, they just keep coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are marching forward even as I type!

      Delete