David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Tuesday 26 February 2019

The 18th Foot, the Royal Irish

The latest additions to my SYW expansion project make their bow here in GHQ today. The figures are from Foundry of course, the flags from GMB Designs, and the MDF bases from Warbases. Here they are in all their glory ~

The colonel and the Colour Party, as usual ~

The rank and file next ~



Of course in the SYW the Regiment was stationed in America, but I liked the flag design with the harp so here they are fighting the French somewhere in Europe. As I’ve said before, my toys, my game. (Lace freaks have my permission to lie down in a dark room until they feel better!)
Next to feel the caress of the brushes will be the 2nd Horse, stationed in Ireland during the SYW, but I liked the standard and red faced green uniforms. After that there are the French Cavalry Regiment Orléans.
If I can face yet more SYW figures then I have two more infantry regiments in the Lead Pimple: a Foundry/Casting Rooms Miniatures French unit , perhaps as the Garde Lorraine, and a Cran Tara unit , the Royal Ecossais in their blue bonnets. We shall have to see how the muse holds up...

20 comments:

  1. A great looking unit David. Ive given up on actual orders of battle, well as long as they arent too out of kilter.Its great just to pick some pretty regiment and paint them up. As you say your toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Robbie, much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, kind words much appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Lovely figures, nice flags and an eminently sensible attitude to the minor details!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get more sensible as I get older, I hope!

      Delete
  4. Splendid and colourful unit 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. How are the Diddy Men coming along?

      Delete
  5. Many thanks for your kind words Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Many thanks for your support Christopher .

      Delete
  7. No problem with lace there, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loathe painting lace! I've just finished the 18th's Grenadier base. I loathe mitres even more!

      Delete
  8. A lovely looking unit David...
    That cap waving his hat looks a proper bruiser...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your encouragement Aly. They all look a bit mean I think myself. I've started the 2nd Horse as well now.

      Delete
  9. Always considered you as a safe pair of hands Mr.B. so What's all this reckless behaviour about. Doing regiments just because you like the colour of their cloth. Whatever next! The length of their jib!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reckless,Moi? You need to take more water with it I think! 😉
      See you on Wednesday!

      Delete