David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 6 February 2019

Regiment 119 Royal Deux-Ponts

The latest adddition to my SYW expansion project sees the 119th Regiment, the Royal Deux-Ponts, join the ranks of my French army. The figures are by Foundry of course, though sold under their Casting Rooms banner for some reason or other. Who knows? The regiment drawn up in line lead by their Colonel ~

I chose this unit because there is some degree of confusion amongst sources as to the uniform they wore and the colours they carried during the SYW. This enabled me, with a clear conscience, to choose the light blue faced red uniform coat with white waistcoat, breeches and leggings. A look I'm quite pleased with I have to say ~

It also meant that I could have them carrying the more unusual set of colours which were available from Flags of War. GMB do the more conventional set of colours from the early SYW period for those who want the regiment in the white faced red uniform coat ~

Next to muster into service should be a Scottish regiment in French service, regiment Ogilvy, in French Blue coats faced red with red waistcoat and breeches. Sadly though I have the man-flu, so they will have to wait, as will my SYW game with Jon...

20 comments:

  1. Lovely, I especially like the drummer, very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a swell looking unit, can they fight? I hope not :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful looking regiment David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely unit David...
    A great colour combination... and what’s not to like about that standard...

    All the best Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes a lovely new unit to the collection 😀 colours are very fetching good choice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive already commented upon your lovely unit David, but Ive just lost a SYW game and seen my Deux Ponts leg it off the table. My love of that unit has changed somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very sad news, I was very taken by your unit of Deux-Ponts too!

      Delete
  7. Just beautiful! I love the blue but most especially the drummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks William. The blue appears lighter in life than in the photos by the way.

      Delete
  8. Great looking unit, nice basing and a splendid standard!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I'm pleased you approve of my choice of standards for them.

      Delete