David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 19 June 2022

Reorganisation...

 ...otherwise known as rebasing! In the last game we played in GHQ I deployed my small number of Rocket Men in the army of Typoo Bhyka. While the Indus Miniatures figures are quite nice I've never been happy with them based up individually, they just didn't look as if they were doing anything! I've thought about rebasing them before, but somehow never got around to it. Well, with no more games scheduled in GHQ until early July, Jon and Phil both being AWOL followed by Sue and I enjoying some R&R, an opportunity presented itself too good to ignore. To the three Indus Miniatures I added a Foundry figure to suggest a higher caste commander and we were done ~

I'd like to think that the way I've positioned the figures suggests the group going into action more convincingly than when they were on individual bases. Anyway, they will do for me and by extension I hope for my loyal reader.


10 comments:

  1. That looks a lot better, they don't look like random onlookers off to celebrate Diwali now😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look good and the composition works a treat:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for endorsing my efforts SteveJ.

      Delete
  3. Looks good. I totally get the rebasing as sometimes it just has to be done. I'm currently re-basing my entire 28mm ACW collection to better work with my table in between painting other stuff.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Christopher!

      Delete
    2. Time to re base yours again perhaps?😂

      Delete
    3. No! Think you must have had too much sun today...

      Delete
  4. They certainly look a lot more proactive on their new base…
    Having a new boss probably helps a bit as well…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your support is more than welcome Aly, thanks.

      Delete