David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 5 May 2019

The King's Orange Rangers

The latest unit to muster into my AWI collection is a Loyalist unit, the King's Orange Rangers. The figures are the venerable Foundry figures by the Perrys. The flags are by Flags of War using their 'create a flag' option for colour and wording. To be frank I chose to paint these despite their poor record simply because I liked the colours. They were nearly the King's American Regiment, but, well, I had the flags in stock... Here is the usual, by now, set of pictures of the unit in line, followed by some closer photos ~




Next to hit the painting desk in GHQ are the 3rd New Jersey, again because I liked the uniform colours! No doubt some AWI buff has just exploded on reading that; but, my game, my toys as they say. That will leave the 45th Foot to be painted for the Crown's forces and we are done, for now at any rate. I hope I shall finish both units by the end of the month if all goes well in GHQ. After that we shall see, but the Lead Pimple is steadily diminishing...


22 comments:

  1. I like the uniform. I wonder if you'll be Tango'd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the encouragement Colin. Let's just hope he ignores me from now on as I loathe TMP!

      Delete
    2. I have no love for TMP but sometimes take a look for amusement.

      Delete
  2. Very tasty Dave, let's hope that they won't just be m(e)anderin around the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To the tunes of Oh my darling Clementine no doubt.....

      Delete
  3. They look beautiful and motivated, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And very nice they look too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking loyalists!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff. I'm new to AWI minis and I'm encouraged by the "I paint what I like" attitude. I have the massive Warlord Liberty or Death box and although I'm learning more and more as I go, ya just have to jump in and get some paint on mini so you can get playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard xpo172, glad to have you hear. The whole point of painting and playing is to have fun with like minded chums! Your toys, your game remember.

      Delete
  7. Very nice David good to see steady progress.....i’m Wavering 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt! But remember, "Resistance is futile!"

      Delete
  8. That is an eye catching uniform, flags and shields are the main things I look at, then uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A long while ago I was told, 'Faces, Flags & Bases are the key.'

      Delete
  9. Very nice indeed David...
    A lovely colour combination...something I would probably choose myself.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks once again for your encouragement Aly, it's much appreciated.

      Delete
  10. Great looking regiment David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete