David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Thursday 15 November 2018

Command Stands for the Italian Wars

When Jon and I played our first Pike & Shotte game with my small Italian Wars collection recently we found there weren’t enough Commanders for the game to run smoothly. So, I ordered some figures from TAG and set about painting up the figures when they arrived and organised them into three Command stands to add to those I already had.
The flags each base sports were a gift from Robbie Roddis who I met for the first time at this year’s The Other Partizan. His blog, Aut Cesare Aut Nihil, lead me to discover his outstanding and inspirational Italian Wars collection. Give it a visit if you don’t know it already!
These three Command stands give me two additional commanders per side now, as I have already completed one other base earlier ~
In addition to the main TAG  Army Command stand for the Borgias ~
I plan to rebase the earlier Command base I made using Casting Room Miniatures in a similar style and size to the TAG one pictured above, but that is a little way down the to do list right now...


22 comments:

  1. Great looking command stands David! I really should start Italian Wars someday.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really great, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work with wonderful looking flags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faces, flags and bases will cover a multitude of sins I’ve found down the years!

      Delete
  4. Realy beautiful!
    We particulari like the yellow and white Knight!

    🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely little command groups David...
    The Assault Group make some very nice miniatures... I’ve always been tempted by their Tudor and Valois range.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The base for Cesare Borgia is from TAG’s Tudor range.

      Delete
  6. They're looking the business Mr.B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall give them a run out in December I hope Jon.

      Delete
  7. Lovely looking command stands,I remain tempted but resisting TAG but they do look nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “Resistance is Futile!” I believe they said...

      Delete
  8. Very colourful and very nicely done 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Russ! The colours make painting them fun, in small numbers at any rate!

      Delete