David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Thursday 22 March 2018

A (Very) small piece of Ordnance for the Italian Wars project

At the Penkridge Tabletop Sale last January I found this small offering from Warlord/ProGloria, a very light Landsknecht gun and crew of two. I thought it would be a quick piece to add a base to my Italian Wars project. Wrong! I estimate  the two figure crew took me about three times as long to complete as any other figures have. On that score alone I’m not looking forward to painting my Landsknecht pike block at all ~


The separate female figure was amongst my first order from TAG, one of a number of free castings I received.

On reflection I might have cluttered the base up a bit more, they look a bit lost, but they will have to do...

9 comments:

  1. The lady says, "very nice weapon Sirs, but Cardinal Bicclioni has a bigger one, I have seen it"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice David...

    I am sure Phil would be delighted to paint your Landsknecht pike block for you... I have heard that he is a very nice man... ;-)

    All the best. Aly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, but I will spare Phil the anguish, it will prove good for my soul.

      Delete
  3. Nice looking gun, landsknechts are easier when you paint lot's of them I find!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have limited experience, I just feel easier is not likely for me Iain.

      Delete
  4. I have painted 2 forces of LKs. Once in 15 and once in 25. I have sold both on and swear I will never take paint to a LK again. Too fecky. They look great when they are done but .... Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear your experience may be prophetic Graham.

      Delete