David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 19 April 2021

The Tyger's Cubs Brigade

 With the completion of the Tyger's Eye Regiment, the third of the planned Regular infantry regiments, that completed the Tyger's Cubs Brigade. So, without any waffling about or any further airy persiflage, here is the Tyger's Cubs Brigade drawn up on the table in GHQ ~

I've added a second building to the terrain collection for the future Tales from Pendawar games, coronavirus malarky permitting eventually of course. It's the second of the three buildings Jon so kindly gifted me earlier in the year. It's a venerable Hovels Middle Eastern house, but it will do fine to add to the scene, somewhere in Pendawar ~

I've been working on a second E.I.C. command base of a mounted colonel, a junior office on foot, and a native infantry grenadier to lead the 1st Brigade of the Army of Pendawar. I'm well on with the three pieces, so should be able to finish them in due course, so do pop back for a look around later in the week. I suppose I'd better see to spray undercoating some of Typoo's cavalry too...oh well!


10 comments:

  1. A splendid brigade of finely finished chaps, will they get caught by the tale one wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, though I advise steering well clear if the tail.

      Delete
  2. A very impressive array of moustachioed chaps, make no mistake about it:). Also they have some rather big guns in support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely troops, hope they don't have 'new unit syndrome'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they get a game, sometime, whenever...On a different note, just three comments, hardly worth the effort is it? Think I'll knock the blogging on the head.

      Delete
    2. I enjoy when people comment but apart from the odd surprise I have about four regulars so I have less than you. However I enjoy writing my blog and I suppose it has become a kind of wargame diary for me. I don't read a lot of blogs and my reading list is there because those blogs are well written and interesting to me or also promote a link to my blog. They are also far more interesting than a Facebook page or Forum, or I think so. So whatever you decide thanks for giving me pleasure through your writing.

      Delete
    3. Thanks George, that's more than kind. I get the black dog from time to time, no doubt I shall blog on. It's just the 'take but not give' nature of the ether hobby that pisses me off.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work David a full brigade in play 👍 the little building is as you say simple but flexible won’t look out of place in a number of periods/games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, all encouragement is always appreciated. Games though? I barely recall what they are...

      Delete