David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 14 April 2019

Mounted Command figures for the AWI

Still in the flow with my expansion to my AWI armies I've completed three mounted Command figures to make two Command bases, one British and one for the Continental army. The figures are once again from  the Perry Miniatures range for the AWI.
There are two figures in cut down coats and round hats which I've painted and fixed to one base for the British. They seem to me to be in urgent conversation so it seemed appropriate to base them together in this way ~
The third figure, depicted in full dress on a rearing horse I've painted as a Continental General Officer. His pose is suitably aggressive it seems to me for someone in rebellion against his lawful government ~

While I was finishing him off I've made a start on a Continental infantry unit in a mix of regulation uniforms and hunting shirts. They depict a firing line of course. The figures are from a mix of Perry Miniatures and older Foundry Miniatures, but all sculpted by the Perrys of course. When these are completed they will get a post of there own, so if you are interested then keep an eye out.

10 comments:

  1. Elegant, motivated and beautiful looking generals, great job David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the kind sentiments Phil.

      Delete
  2. Some natty looking gentlemen Jonnies there Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking command stands!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice David...
    Master Perry does do some rather nice command figures...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. The figures are ok, but personally I prefer stronger detail in sculpting to help the old eyes and hands along the way!

      Delete