David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 9 October 2023

Royal Artillery from the Prodigal Collection

I've been putting in some time on the refurbishment and rebasing of figures from the Prodigal Foundry Collection over the last week or so, the results of which I've been showing on this blog for any interested visitors. The latest efforts to muster back into GHQ are elements of the Royal Artillery in the shape of two 12lb guns and crew together with a six horse limber and riders. It seems that I never completed a Command stand for the battery, an oversight I hope will be forgiven after 40 years ~


They've had a coat of Humbrol matt varnish and have taken their place in the RUBs I use for figure storage in GHQ until we are ready for a game. In addition to this battery the Royal Artillery contingent also includes a 24lb siege gun and a mortar, both with crew figures. More of them when they are ready to be revealed.

8 comments:

  1. Nicely done David and more for the collection πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. Refurbished and rebased much quicker than painting.

      Delete
  2. Fine looking figures. The collection keeps growing and growing. Looking forward to seeing some cavalry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cavalry refurbishment and rebasing is a good way off, I need to get on with painting the newer figures.

      Delete
  3. Splended work! I hope they will fight as well as they look πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As no doubt I shall be the Roosians I can't agree there😁

      Delete