David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Saturday 1 June 2019

Major Moore and the Woodbridge Battery take the field.

The latest ‘post-finishing’ additions to my AWI expansion project have mustered into GHQ in the form of the third of the Perry Miniatures Mounted Militia Colonels and a new battery of artillery, the crew from Eureka Miniatures and the gun from, well I’m not sure as I found it in the spares section of the Lead Pimple!

I’ve also been working on an additional base of British Light Company figures from Foundry which I found during the great painting desk clear up. I’ve rendered them as from the 33rd Foot, with a little licence on the chain helmets. Perhaps I shall add the Centre Company elements of the 33rd at some stage, I’m sure I’ve got the flag sheet, somewhere.
Enthused as I am by my hobby post Partizan I’ve ordered some new figures. Mad, I know, but there you are. Despite my ongoing detestation of vent runs by the score they are from Perry Miniatures too! They will give me two further Militia units in a mix of shirt sleeve order and civilian coats, augmented by some men of color for a change. I found several flags free to download on the internet which I can use for them too. A kind of birthday present from myself if you like.

10 comments:

  1. Nice as ever, I do like the gun and crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George, the gun crew were very straightforward.

      Delete
  2. Very nice job David, love the artillery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful looking pieces David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid additions Mr.B. I think that militia colonel was a tad near the guns when they went off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking Colonel, good looking gun and a birthday present to yourself is always a great idea!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Iain. I spent a happy(?) two hours cleaning all the vent runs and flash off the 30 figures! Poor castings! Again!

      Delete