David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 7 October 2018

The 4th Virginia Continentals muster in.

Pressing on while I can I’ve been working on a unit of 21 Foundry figures which will represent the 4th Virginia Continental Infantry in our AWI games. I chose to paint them in their blue faced blue uniforms, if I’m honest because I thought I’d struggle with other colour combinations given the amount of equipment on most of the individual figures! I’m actually quite pleased by the final results, given my ongoing issues. The flags I downloaded back in the day free from Clarence Harrison’s website, but I believe they are now sold through Warfare Miniatures. Fortuitously I downloaded the whole range of American flags so I hope to reflag the American army before our next AWI game here in GHQ. Well, enough said, time to let the boys step out smartly ~
The next unit to step up smartly to the Painting Desk are more Foundry Miniatures, this time to be designated as the 8th Virginia Continental Infantry, similarly with blue facings to their blue uniforms. I've just discovered that I have three bases worth of British Light Infantry, Foundry figures of course, so there may be future additions to the British and Loyalist forces next year.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful uniform and flags, they look superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great figures and flags and very nice basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Mr.B, I shall look forward to giving them a damn good thrashing or alternately leading them to a great victory over the forces of the German tyrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably both, though not at one and the same time.

      Delete
  4. A fine looking regiment David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another nice addition to the collection Mr.B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon. Well on with the second base of the 8th Virginia now too.

      Delete